Friday, March 21, 2014

Aftur Pullover

I finished my first bottom up pullover.  Interesting how the sleeves are grafted with Kitchener Stitch after sweater completed.  Changes made from original pattern: 2x2 ribbing.  Used up yarn that was purchased as a kit, from Knit Picks for a blanket and some of the Lopi, yarn leftover from my Icelandic Cardigan. 

Aftur a free pattern found at this site http://www.istex.is/Files/Skra_0050866.pdf  





Inside of sweater with the yarn carrying across yoke



Right side of sweater







I love the fit and know I will enjoy wearing this next winter on those cold days.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Janeen,
    It looks so lovely and warm, and the Fair Isle yoke is so pretty - and such fun to knit! You must be looking forward to next winter already...
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother always taught me the backside has to look as good as the front side, and by golly, you've certainly achieved that! What a beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete